One of my favourite breakfasts or just general snack – Oats.
This recipe packs a serious protein punch and is a different way to enjoy your oats. It also allows for you to add your own spin on things with toppings and flavours.
The following recipe is for vanilla and cinnamon oats but you can substitute in your own ingredients.
Oats – 40g
Unsweetened Almond Milk – 180ml
Egg Whites – 80g
Protein Powder – 1 serving (30g)
Stevia Drops – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
Toppings – Blueberries, Sugar Free Syrup, Chocolate, Frozen Berries etc
1. Mix the oats an almond milk, leave some milk for the protein part.
2. Cook in the microwave for 2 mins.
3. Mix in egg whites, this will make it go watery again until cooked. Cook in the microwave for a further 30 secs.
3. Mix in the protein powder and add the splash of milk and stevia drops for ease of mixing.
4. Pour into ovenproof dish and bake at 180C for 20 mins.
5. Remove from the oven and load up with toppings of choice.
Note: If you lack the time in the morning for this, the first section can be made and left overnight and then just bake in the morning.
Macros without toppings – C 30.9 F 5.4 P 35.8 – 311 Calories
The perfect start to the day and guaranteed to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Top with fruit and you can hit your 5 a day at the same time. I topped with some chocolate as I’m a chocoholic and I believe that we should enjoy everything in moderation.
Comment below for other recipes you would like to see and I would love to see your oat creations! Tag me in your photos on Instagram @kate_flynn_pt